KW : why lately u tarak blog bout cooking ledi?
Me : err ... if i blog too much bout cooking hor .... later ppl thot i farking sissy how? I farking macho man leh!
Linpeh & Cocka : kih kih kih
Sunday afternoon in YM ....
Linpeh : What u doing now ?
Me : now chatting with u lar! later gonna cook lunch ledi
Linpeh : Cook what ?
Me : Pocket Fish
Linpeh what is that ?
Me : later i blog bout it then u go read la!
Today wingz is gonna teach u how to make Pocket Fish fillet. Ah? u derno wtf is pocket fish fillet? No! its not same with your Spring pocket or Spring bag ok?!
Pocket Fish fillet is actually Bake Fish fillet in aluminium foil la! today parents n siblings is kambing over for lunch so i gotta come out with something easy n tasty!
As my oldman baru after triple by-pass this meal gotta be healthy with minimum fats and knot contain any not-so-healthy substances also, so i came out with this Pocket Fish fillet. This is kinda like own made recipe and it turn out quite ok!
ok lets get down to business .... Girls! aunties! ah shams! everyone get your pen ready ok? i m gonna tell u the ingredients.
- Dory fish fillets (this one can get from hypermarkets)
- Spring onions (chopped)
- 9 choy ( I derno wtf this is called in yingrish la lol!)
- Chinese spinach (yin choy, bayam)
- Garlic (finely chopped)
- Onions (big one)
- Herbs (Oregano & Basil - this one can get from hypermarket also)
- Olive oil (Extra Virgin - this one Linpeh's Favourite kinda lubricant)
- Black pepper
- Fish Sauce (this one can get in hypermarkets also)
- Salt (tiny lil bit only bcoz fish sos also salty enuff ledi)
- Aluminium foil (lotsa it)
- Defrost fish, leave to dry ... not in sun la! u think making salted fish meh?! leave to dry lar! if u like me not enuff time wan then use kitchen napkin to bolt it dry. Dont use toilet tisu lar farker! toilet tisu will leave residue on your fillet wan lar diu!
- Marinate your fillets, put into a pan a good amount of olive oil, fish sauce, generous amount of Oregano and a lil bit of basil (dun put also nvm depends on your taste also la, some ppl dun like basil one) and black pepper. (I used to add lemon juice last time but today no lemon in fridge) then put all your fillet in the pan and roll roll roll until everyone of the fillet are covered with the sauce u just made.
- Take out your aluminium foil, cut one sheet about 2 feet x 2 feet. Fold in the side (about quater of an inch) so all 4 sides of the aluminium foil would be thicker, this would help when u wanna turn the foil into a pocket later.
- Place your marinated fillet onto the aluminium foil (refer to one of the pics below)
- Springkle your finely chopped garlic, onions, spring onions, 9 choy and chinese spinach (how much to put is according to how much you would like to eat lor)
- Springkle some olive oil on the chinese spinach before you close the foil, if not the spinach will turn yellowish if they are overcooked.
- Wrap it up by folding it into half and then fold all the sides to form a pillow like kinda pocket. How to fold? diu! look at the pics below lar!
- Preheat your oven at 250°C for 10 minutes then baked at 250°C for 30-35 minutes.
1 more thing, do you think guys who cook is sissy or macho ar ? *winks*
Soli, no pikture of the cooked fillet, bcoz after cook everyone dem hungry ledi ... suma busy eating only no one wanna take pics lol!
There you have it! Rojaks Pocket Fish Fillet! An awesome and easy to prepare meal suitable for all occasion!
Anoder healthy meal bought to you by Rojaks Daily and its hansem paria chef! :P