I have to admit, to fully utilize the potential of my F58 is not easy, there is so much the flash gun can do and with my current skills and know-hows it would takes long long to be able to master it all.
What can I do to speed this process up a little?
I registered myself for Free lesson at the Alpha Flash workshop for SONY of coz! I blogged about my previous experience in attending the Basic photography workshop with Sony in Jan'08 and this time I am lucky as I managed to secure a place in this flash workshop with the help of fler Alpha photographers.
According to the attendance list there is close to 50 participants that day, as always .... Free Workshop seats were grabbed up within days from the announced day ... so if you wanna attend their workshop .. make sure you stalk their website kaw kaw you no?
Flash is not only bound for indoor photography ... flash can help your dramatically improves your outdoor photos too.
There were so many flash guns there till you could go temporarily blind if you happen to get in the way lol!
We chosen to practise what we learn around the poolside ... fortunately no one fallen in the pool or else .... he would really be the center of attention.
Half an hour into practical we were asked to take a short break and enjoyed the refreshment that were being served at the lobby of the workshop.
There were also Sony Alpha Products for sale at a discounted price!
Right after the short break we were then seperated into 3 groups and begin our 2nd practical session of the day.
2 very dedicated Alpha Photogs trying to capture ... err ... I dunno what they are trying to capture lol!
In a nutshell :
Who should attend? Those who just acquired their Sony flash gun (irregardless of models) or those who do not have any idea how to fully utilise their Sony flash gun.
Level : Beginner-ish, does not really goes in depth into topics like Kelvins settings and the effect of white balance against the flash settings, manual configuration for different flash models etc etc.
- Basic knowledge of how to use your flash effectively.
- Experienced trainers (3 of them to be exact) to provide a more efficient response to the participants whenever they ran into any problems throughout the workshop.
- They will provide free on loan flash gun to participants that do not have any flash gun yet. Wish they could provide charged AA batteries also in the coming workshop as mine went flat halfway thru the workshop.
- Sweet, cute pwetty pwetty Models for you to practise on! lol!
- Sony Alpha Products Promo
- Refreshments provided ... FREE makan!
- NONE coz its FREE!!! LOL!
All in all, this is a great workshop where not only you will learn how to use your flash gun more effectively but you would also be able to make new friends who is using the same camera as you! The even best part is ... Its FREE! .... what more could you ask for? RIGHT?!