Looks like all the existing entry level DSLRs (α200, α300 & α350) is being replaced with α230, α330 and α380.
Reported to be lighter, smaller and more ergonomic than their predecessor there are plenty of new surprises which Sony thrown into their new lineup. The pretty obvious one are, the kitlen is now DT 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 SAM (Smooth Autofocus Motor) motorised Af lens as opposed to the non motorised DT18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 which is being used as kitlen for the older entry level Alpha DSLRs.
Twin lens package includes DT 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 SAM and DT 55-200mm f/4-5.6 SAM.
The published price at the time of this article for single len (DT 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 SAM) package is as such :
- α380L US$850 (approx. RM2,975.00)
- α330L US$650 (approx. RM2,275.00)
- α230L US$550 (approx. RM1,925.00)
- α380Y US$1050 (approx. RM3,675.00)
- α330Y US$850 (approx. RM2,975.00)
- α230Y US$750 (approx. RM2,625.00)
When will we get to see these few models for sale in Malaysia? Lets keep our finger crossed!