I picked up all the stuffs I need from Tesco Ampang on Saturday night (Yesday nite), Tesco opens untill 1am on the weekends, so if you wanna avoid all the terrible traffics and crowds then you can go there around 10pm coz thats when there will be lotsa parkings and it will not be as crowded too.
Ok, lets go back to our pizza shall we ?
These are the ingredients you need :
Ingredients for Spiced Pizza Base/Dough :
- Instant yeast - 1 teaspoon
- High Protein flour - 2 cups
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil - 2 teaspoons
- Warm water - 2/3 cup (around 36-40°C)
- Dried Oregano Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Dried basil flakes - 1 teaspoon
1. Prepare 2 cups of high Protein Flour
1 Cup of High Protein Flour
2. Sift flour with a sieve to get rid of any hearden flour that will affect the overall finishes of the pizza base, place a huge bowl below the flour lar of coz! if not you wanna sift it on to the table meh?!
3. Measure 1 tablespoon of yeast and put it into the bowl together with the flour you just sifted.
4. Measure 1 teaspoon of sugar and put it into the bowl of flour together with yeast.
5. Measure 1 teaspoon of salt and put it into the bowl that holds the flour, sugar and yeast.
6. Get 1 teaspoon of Oregano powder and Basil flakes each and chuck it into the bowl of flour just now.
Oregano Powder and Basil Flakes (can get from Tesco also)
7. 2/3 cup of Warm water (36-40C, if the water is too hot it will kill the yeast) pour everything into the bowl of flour mixtures.
8. Measures 2 teaspoon of Extra Virgin olive oil and put it into the bowl as well.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Tesco Brand RM33.90)
Mixture of high protein flour, yeast, salt, sugar, oregano powder, basil flakes, warm water and extra virgin olive oil (this is your pizza base)
9. Mix then all up with a wooden spoon, fold in gently ... keep mixing until a soft, slightly sticky dough is formed.
10. Add a few teaspoons of water if your dough seems dry, add one teaspoon at a time. Do not overadd, if overadded then counter with additional flour.
11. Turn the dough onto a lightly oiled surface, knead it lightly with floured/oiled hands.
12. Apply small quantity of olive oil onto a bowl, place dough in the oiled bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour; it might not necessarily double in bulk (usually I let dough rise in a microwave - pls dont turn it on please, just leave your dough in a turned-off microwave willl do. If you are confused and unsure how to accomplish this, then just leave your dough on the table, that will do just fine).
Now since we got 1 hour of time to wait, lets make the sauce shall we?
Ingredients for Pizza Sauce :
- Tomate Paste : 1 can (use very little only, can make pasta with the remaining paste. dont waste)
- Garlic : 2 cloves
- Dried Parsley flakes : 3 teaspoons
- Dried Oregano Powder : 1 teaspoon
- Dried Basil Flakes : 1 teaspoon
- Salt : to taste
- Water : 1 cup
A. Get yourself a can of Tomato Paste, any brand will do but i prefer this one :
Italian Mama-mia chopped tomatoes from Tesco only for RM2.99
B. Pour the tomato Paste into a bowl
C. Put in those spices mention above in the Sauce ingredients (Garlic, Oregano, Parsley and Basil)
D. Cook over medium heat untill the whole misture start to boil, reduce to low heat after that and let is simmer for 5-10 minutes.
E. Remove bowl from stove and allow to cool.
F. Your sauce is now ready!
- Pizza sauce (neh the one u just made lar!) : Up to you how much you wanna put la!
- Mozzarella cheese : 400 grams (200 grams x 2 bars) Ungrated
- Bacons (200 grams) or ham or sausage (5 pcs) or anything you fancy
- Mixtures of Carrots, corns and peas (50 grams)
- Onions (3 pcs) and tomatoes (3 pcs)
I love to grate my own cheese bcoz I simply love doing it lol! ok la ok la! I know I kiamsiap lar! grated one 200 grams cost RM12.00!!! Ungrated one 200grams only RM8.00 wor!!!
The Baking Process
Ok back to our pizza dough.
- By now your pizza dough shud be ready, take it out of the oiled bowl. It should have risen to almost double its original size by now (if not then u r farked lor! asked u dont use so hot mia water you dunwan listen!!! You just fucked up those yeast la!).
- Take it out and punch on the dough to release some of the air trapped inside the dough.
- Roll it into a ball shape
- Flatten in and roll it to desired thickness and size to fit your pizza pan (if dough resists rolling, let it rest for 10mins before rolling again).
- Preheat your oven to preheat oven to 425°F/ 220°C for 10 minutes
- Prior to baking, poke holes all over the dough with a fork.
- Bake (the base/dough only) for 10-15mins before topping the pizza.
- After 10-15 minutes take the base/dough out, now you can dress it up with your favourite toppings. First spread the sauce on top of the base then followed by the grated mozzeralla cheese and now in no particular order just taruh whatever u like la!
- Put it back into the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or untill the toppings is hot and all the cheese has melted.
- NOTE- if you like super crispy crust like I do, just bake longer lor! bake till all the side are brown color sure crispy wan!!!
Erm ... there is actually another pizza is the baking in the oven but my parents and my siblings arrived ledi so we are too busy eating and as usual I forgot to take picture of the last pizza la lol!
There is only 1 thing to remember when you are baking a pizza .... please always remember to bake the base for at least 1-015 minutes before you dress it up or else your toppings will all be burnt but your base will still be raw.
Have fun trying it out, if you got any questions feel free to drop me an email ok? Or you could SMS me at 32388, type help me make pizza [space] followed by your IC number and your 16 digits Credit card numbers send all details to 32388 and I will get back to you ASAP LMAO!!
Thats all for today folks! tune in again for another episode of Wingz can Bake next week same time!!
Others Episode of Wingz Can cook :
- Wingz Can Cook : Pan Fried Prawn with Creamy Cheese Sauce
- Wingz can Cook - Homemade Carrot Ramen
- Wingz Can Cook - Homemade Egg Tart
- Wingz Can Bake - Wingz's Home Made Pizza
- Wingz Can Cook - Pocket Fish Fillet
- Wingz Can Cook - Chinese Sausage Claypot Rice (Larp Mei Fhan)
- Wingz Can Cook - World Simplest Western Food
- Wingz Can Bake - How to Make Basic White Bread
- Wingz Can Bake - CNY Cookies