Mum : Son! Someone poke Lil Devil eye with a pencil!!
Me : WHAT?!!! WHO?
Mum : His classmate beside him one!
Me : WHY?!!
Mum : Your son classmate said he wanna take his pencil, your son dont let .. he grabbed his pencil poke his eye and throw the pencil on the floor!
Me : WHAT THE FARK?!!! When was this?
Mum : I dont know ... your son is crying and not talking to me ... i think happen sometime ago ... not just happened one.
Me : WHAT AND NO ONE FROM THE SCHOOL CONTACTED ME?!!!
Mum : Yea when i arrived only i know he got poke in the eye ... i bringing him to clinic now, anything i will call you.
15 minutes later mum called again ....
Mum : son, doc said have to send him to specialist in pantai hospital for further checkup, doc said can see his kornea are injured so only a specialist can determine how serious is the injury.
Me : ok i coming home now, bring him home first i see you at home ok mum?
When i got home Lil Devil keep his eyes closed and will not wanna open them up no matter how much i asked him to. he keep telling me "Ahpa painnnn my eye painnnn" and he has been keeping both his eyes closed until now (its almost 12 hours since we learnt about this incident already)
I then rushed him to the nearest pantai hospital and check him into the emergency ward. The doctor on duty run a quick check on his eye and confirmed his cornea were injured and we were further referred to the Ophthalmology consultant in the hospital.
I asked the doc who is on duty at the emergency ward when he confirmed that Lil Devil's cornea is injured ... i said "doc is it serious?" doc replied "its cornea we are talking about ... of coz it serious!" ... upon hearing that my balls shrunk ....
I was told by the Ophthalmology consultant that they were scratches on Lil Devil's Cornea she run some kinda scan on his cornea revealing the length of the scratched.
I still have to bring Lil Devil back to the hospital so that the doc can access his condition further. This is a farking huge trauma for me ... imagine what kinda trauma my kid is going thru? I doubt he would wanna go back to school after this ...
I got a few unanswered questions that i would wish to bring it up so that if you are in a similar situation you could use them as a reference.
1. What kinda 7 yrs old kid that can be so violent?
2. Why is there no one from the school even bother to contact us (the parents?) a kid risking losing his eyesight permanently is not a serious matter or no one give a damn? Must wait until after school only the parents should learn about it?
3. If his conditions worsen who shall be held responsible?
4. What is the ministry of education complain department tel no and email address? Does anyone here have this infos?
5. Who is gonna bear my kid's medical bill now that we are the victim here?
6. What kinda "proper" disciplinary action shall the school take on the boy who did this to my son?
7. Is the public school safe for children?
I wanna know what kinda action i can take in order to prevent this from happening again in the near future, anyone got any opinion/suggestions/information to share? Where can i go to pursue this matter further?
You can leave a message in the comment section or i can be reach at firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.