I went to his primary school yesterday morning with my wife to meet the headmistress of the school to have some of our questions answered.
I first met with the penonlong kanan of the school which attended to our case before conveying the case to the headmistress. Apparently the headmistress is on leave the day before and did not know about this case (thats what she told us) the teacher who knew such an event were called up to the headmistress office to further clarify the matter.
These were my questions to the headmistress and Her (their) reply is in bracket) :
- Why are we not informed of the incident right after it happened?(according to the teacher whom discovered this incident her reply was "Yes i m aware of this incident, i checked his eyes and they seems to be fine and your son himself tell me he want to continue to study, i then separate them and let him rest. I never realized that this is so serious and i am very sorry i did not call you, I admit its my mistakes and i apologize. I should had called you the instant this incident happened" Me - Cornea injury is not something you can see with naked eyes, furthermore you are not qualify to judge whether his condition is serious or not, not unless you have previous training in the medical field. This time your judgement is wrong and because of this a boy could had lost his eyesight permanently just because of your wrong judgment. )
- Why no one from the school bother to send my boy to the clinic for checkup immediately? (the headmistress replied "I m not around yesterday when this incident happened and i did not know about this mishap until you come to see me just now. I would have fetched him to the nearest clinic if i am around no matter how small is the injury. Sometime this is the problem you see, I given to all teachers specific instructions that they should inform me of any irregular incidents such as this so i could do something but most of the time they just do not tell me about this kind of things. I truly sorry about this incident, its the responsibilities of the school to inform the parents of such incidents and we did not managed to do that, I accept full responsibilities on this matter.)
- Is this boy (the attacker) normal? Any history of pass violence? (Teacher : before this, there is another incident of this boy bitten another classmate of him because the other boy refuse to give him something also, but that was only a small bite. Most of the time this boy is very quiet and seems harmless.)
- Who will bear my kid medical expenses? and follow up treatment cost? I remembered paying a few Ringgit for insurance during the first day i sent my kid to school, is that it? (headmistress : that insurance only covers hospitalization, since there is no hospitalisation then it is not covered by the insurance. We will call for a meeting about this issue and maybe the school can do something about the medical cost that you incurred.)
- How to prevent this from happening again, not only to my kid but also to other kids? (Teacher : that kid seems so harmless and quiet i doubt this is intentional. Me : you just said this is not the first time? Again, your judgment seems to be wrong in this matter. When would you consider him as violent? After another additional mishap? I hope the school will monitor this kid closely before someone gets hurt again. Headmistress : Yes we will)
- Does the kid (the attacker) parents knows about this? Anyone informed them? (Teacher : I only scolded and punished the kid, i am not sure whether he told his parents or not about this. )
- I want to meet the kid's parents (the attacker) to dicuss about compensation and his kid's behavior and i hope the school's administrative will arrange for it. (Headmistress : We will arrange for it and we will contact you once we got hold of his parents.)
Doc doing a scan on his cornea and told us the cornea is 95% healed, no clouding and the bandage can be removed. Cornea thickness is not back to normal yet, we will have to give him eyedrops for the rest of the month to make sure the cornea growth back to its previous thickness. We should go for another checkup next week just to make sure everything is ok.
After some persuasion at last he opened his eyes and looked at the camera, can see from this photo that his right eye is still red and abit swollen.
The rest of the day we have to lure him with cartoons to make him open his eyes, hes more willing to open his eyes toward the end of the day and hes asleep now. Will update more on this issue once i meet the parents of Lil Devil classmate.
Thank you for all your prayers and concern!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!