This Robosapien V2 just made it in the nick of time for Christmas! and this time its something i really really wanted!
Been trying to look for one in KL, unfortunately they only have the older version, luckily I got this lenglui relative that purposely came back to Malaysia for holiday so i forced her to bring this with her all da way from Amadika!
Who say big boys no need toys wan?? Everyone need toys!
For those who derno what this Robosapien V2 is all about ... heres an article plus specs for your reading pleasure :
Unless you've been living in solitary confinement on the Planet Tharg with your head encased in a block of extra-terrestrial concrete, you'll know that Robosapien was the runaway bestseller of Christmas 2004. Hardly surprising as the biomorphic marvel walks around on two legs, reacts to touch and sound and can perform practically any move imaginable.
What you may not know is that Mark Tilden, ex-NASA boffin and inventor of all things robotastic, has been busy creating something bigger, better and more gobsmackingly advanced than ever. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you Robosapien V2.
Before we describe the V2's astounding new abilities it's worth mentioning that this robotic masterpiece is well over 2ft tall. No, really! This drastic increase in size (9" taller than Robosapien) means that Robosapien V2 is less toy-like and more... well, more robot-like. Any bigger and you'd be scared of telling him what to do! Just like his predecessor Robosapien V2 is a mind-blowing fusion of technology and personality, but his fluid biomechanical agility, sassy attitude and stunning brainpower have been taken to an entirely new level.
For starters the V2's finely-tuned precision hands allow him to pick up much heavier objects than his smaller sibling. He can even throw things. But that's only the tip of the iceberg. Advanced agility allows Robosapien V2 to bend over and twist from side to side, so he can now sit, bend, lie down and stand up. He's almost as flexible as that dancing Transformer-style thingy off the car ad!
As well as interacting with his surroundings Robosapien V2 can now talk to you. Forget old school grunts and bleeps - with different phrases for different scenarios this is like having Robocop in your living room (minus the profanity and carnage). Fully equipped with infra-red radar vision, the V2's moving 'eyes' can detect obstacles and track movement. Robosapien V2 can even react to noises thanks to a stereo sound detection system. And before you ask, yes, we have ripped one apart to see if there's a little bloke inside. (There isn't, by the way).
But if you think all of the above is clever, get this: a sensory vision system enables Robosapien V2 to actually recognise and remember objects and skin tones. This means he can wave and reach out to shake his owner's hand. It really is quite uncanny and has to be seen to be disbelieved.
Robosapien V2 also comes equipped with laser tracking; simply use the ultra-sleek PS2-style RC unit to trace a path on the ground and the V2 will follow it. You can even use Robosapien V2 to control Roboraptor and Robopet. Come to think of it, if Robosapien V2 were any more advanced we'd be on the blower to John Connor, because judging by this must-have biomorphic masterpiece the robots are most definitely on the rise!
Robosapien V2 is a highly evolved robotic fusion of technology and personality, combining fluid biomechanical motion with a multi-sensory, interactive humanoid personality. This 24" (Approx. 61cm) tall, second generation Robosapien is now capable of autonomous behavior. He was designed by Mark Tilden ("father" of the original Robosapien) and includes the following features:
* Multiple levels of environmental interaction, with humans and objects; sight, sound and touch sensors
* Humanoid body movements, including bending, sitting and standing, lying down and getting up, waving, martial arts...
* Speech: Responds verbally to environmental stimuli and to controller commands
* Color vision system: recognizes colors and skin tones; interacts with objects and people
* Stereo sound detection system: "hears" and reacts to sounds
* IR vision: detects and avoids obstacles; tracks moving objects
* 'Laser' tracking technology: follows a path traced on the ground
* True bi-pedal walking with multiple gaits
* Precision gripping, articulated fingers
* Realistic 2-axis turning head with animated LED eyes
* Interacts with, and controls, other Robonetics products (Roboraptor and Robopet)
* Sleep and auto-shut off functions
* 100 pre-programmed functions
* 2 demonstration modes
* 4 programming modes
* Controller or direct, positional programming
* Remote control and autonomous "free-roam" behavior modes